Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Jett's New Room!



I started planning Jett's room months and months and months ago. I knew that we were going to be having a baby soon and that it was time to move on from the crib. The problem was that Jett seriously loved his crib and he slept great in it. He never once tried to climb out or escape. So I wasn't really motivated to change things up when things were going so well with his current set-up. Plus his nursery was a labor of love for me. 



You can read about it here and here

I decorated it on almost no budget. I put a lot of love and work into his little nursery. But I started itching to create a space that felt a little more grown-up and it was officially time to move out of the crib! 

In this post I shared the fabric that inspired it all. 


I decided to make a headboard out of Schumacher's Adras Ikat Print in Caravan

Back in January I had Brian Maxfield from Rocky Mountain Upholstery make a custom headboard for Jett's room. 


I love how it turned out! He did an incredible job and was so great to work with. I use him for clients and projects in my home all the time and he always does a great job. 

After we got the headboard I've been slowly working on transforming Jett's room into a fun space for a 3 year old little boy. 

Here is the result! 


I fell in love with the Turning Pendant from West Elm the first time I ever saw it. I love the natural wood on the base. 


I blogged about the artwork from Minted here.  It's the Alphabet in the Round print from their new art print collection


I love this happy print. The colors are all perfect for the room and the scale of this print is great for the large empty wall. 


The headboard is for sure the "star" of the room. I love it. 




The bedding is the Ronan Duvet from Serena and Lily. The sheets are the Sprout Star Sheets also from Serena and Lily. 


As you've probably noticed from some of my other projects seen here and here I really love this goldfish pillow


For my birthday Josh hired Noah  to trim out all our windows. It makes such a huge difference especially on a window that only has a roman shade and no drapery treatments. 

I came across an etsy shop on Pinterest that makes custom ribbon trim roman shades. I love how simple and clean it is with the busy patterns on the headboard and rug. 


This "I love to see the temple" print is by Plum Street Prints



I purchased this rug from Williams Sonoma Home a long time ago and it's still around! I still love it. 



You may  remember me blogging about the clear shelves I bought here


I am also happy to report that Big Bear has found a permanent home in the basement. 



On the opposite wall from the bed I created some cloud art that I blogged about here


To make the art feel a little more custom I painted the inside of these basic ikea frames red. The inside of the frame is actually fiberboard so it was impossible to paint. The paint just kept falling off. So I sprayed some primer on and the paint stuck like magic!  


The red lamp is one of my favorites. It's the Robert Abbey Delta Oxblood lamp


 The elephant was one I found at Toys R Us and just spray painted. The arrow artwork is also from Minted. It's the Feathered Arrow print




Every time I walk into this room I am happy. It's currently my favorite room in the house. However once my nursery is finally finished Jett's room might be in second place! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Copyright © 2012. Walls Modern Interiors - All Rights Reserved B-Seo Versi 5 by Blog Bamz