Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Project Happiness

Sometimes fabric literally speaks to me. 


I saw this fabric at a local store a couple of weeks ago and for no reason at all I bought 6 yards of it. It spoke to me. I had to have it. I had no project to use it for. No clients in need. No rooms in my home that could use it. But I felt like we were meant for each other and so I bought it. 

I started designing a whole room around it in my head. A magical room full of pinks and browns and blues. So pretty. 

So I called my mom and begged her to let me design her guest room around it. She said yes and the planning has begun! I can't tell you how extremely liberating it has been to have a room that I can do whatever the heck I want in. My mom is letting me take full control and go crazy. The only problem is the budget. 

$500. 
So I am getting creative. I want to keep you up to date on the progress of this room and I'm going to start with a special project I did last week. I was inspired by this image.

via Cottage Living 

I saved it from a magazine years and years ago and  I loved it. So I  designed a special bulletin board for the guest room using this concept. 


I started with this mirror for $50 from the Ikea "as-is" section. I broke out the mirror so I just had the frame and the nice wood backing part of it. 


I then took some cork that I bought at Hobby Lobby and started hot glueing it to the wood backing. Once I had glued it on I wrapped the whole thing in some striped fabric that I bought for $3 a yard at a local fabric store. I put the fabric-wrapped cork back in the frame and attached a sunburst mirror with ribbon. 

Drumroll please....


I now have a large beautiful custom made cork board with a sunburst mirror on top. The mirror was around $25 bought at Hobby Lobby for half-off.  I plan to touch up the frame a bit to make it more gold. This is going to be one of the big "wow" pieces in the room and I'm so excited about it. 

I can't wait to share with you more progress on this room. It is coming together so well! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Copyright © 2012. Walls Modern Interiors - All Rights Reserved B-Seo Versi 5 by Blog Bamz