Friday, March 4, 2011

Feature Friday: Modern Jane



I'm so excited about our feature this week. Jane is the writer of the blog Modern Jane and she has such a great eye for design.  Here is how she describes her style.

I tend to start with a fairly traditional, neutral backdrop with paint colors and furniture, then I inject color and texture with soft tones and geometric prints. I live in an area void of box stores (most of my favorite stores don't even want to ship to me!), so I love to shop local thrift and antique stores for vintage furniture and interesting objects that I can transform into something new. I'm lucky to have people in my life who will help me build things and have taught me not to fear a power tool!

Enjoy her house tour! 


Love the subtle wallpaper. 


She reupholstered that chair in an indoor/outdoor fabric. Genius if you have kids or pets! 



Check out more info one her living room here






Pretty glass knobs. 
To see the full rundown on the kitchen go here





To see sources for this room go here.






You can read more about the room here.





I love the pretty little West Elm pendant



She made that bench seat herself. 

You can see a full rundown on the room here.




I just love those roman shades

Thanks so much to Jane for showing off her beautiful home. 
Have a great weekend everyone! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

◄ Posting Baru Posting Lama ►
 

Copyright © 2012. Walls Modern Interiors - All Rights Reserved B-Seo Versi 5 by Blog Bamz